The Point Skate Lessons
Whether you want to learn how to ollie, drop in, or just get comfortable on the board, our instructors will help make your dreams a reality. We focus on safety, balance, perseverance, and most importantly FUN. Skateboarding is challenging and we guarantee that you will fall. The more you fall, the more you learn, and we've learned a lot. Our instructors are life long skateboarders who live and breathe skateboarding. With their expertise any trick can be mastered.
How do I sign up?
- After you schedule a lesson, you will be redirected to PURCHASE A SKATE LESSON PACKAGE.
- If this is your first lesson, you can sign a WAIVER online to save time when you arrive.
Lessons are scheduled based on open availability. First come, First serve. A 24 hour notice must be given in order to reschedule a lesson. You will receive an email and text reminder one day before your appointment. NO SHOWS- If you do not give a 24 hour notice prior to the lessons and fail to show up, you will be charged for the missed lesson. Emergency cancellations will be handled on a case by case basis. In the event that you wish to cancel & discontinue lessons, we can transfer your remaining balance to a gift card for store credit. Sorry, No refunds.
- Your Skateboard
- Safety Gear - Helmet Required
- Skate Shoes
- Water Bottle
- Positive Attitude
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I learn in a skateboard lesson?
- One main goal for first time students is to become skate park ready, this includes pushing, turns, ollies, and dropping in. Once the fundamentals are established the possibilities are endless.
How often should I schedule a lesson?
- We suggest scheduling one lesson a week. This allows you to keep a consistent schedule/ instructor and have time to practice or go to the skate park on your own.
Should I tip my Instructor?
- Our instructors greatly appreciate tips!
I am purchasing skate lessons as a gift, how can I pay and let the recipient schedule later?
- PURCHASE A SKATE LESSON PACKAGE here, then you can instruct the recipient to come back to our website to schedule at their convenience.
Do lesson expire?
- Lessons do not expire.
If I have two kids that want to take lessons can they both use the same package?
- Absolutely! Essentially, when you purchase a lesson you are reserving the hour and you can split the time as you wish. Often our instructors will have a recommendation on how to best use the time. *NOTE: Pricing is different for group lesson